In this article we will learn how to scrape data from Twitter (X) using WebHarvy. WebHarvy is a visual point-and-click web scraper which can be used to easily scrape data (no code required) from any website.
Scraping Tweets using WebHarvy
The video shown below demonstrates how WebHarvy can be used to scrape tweets and other data from Twitter/X. In this video, the following details are scraped from Twitter/X.
- 1. Tweet content
- 2. Author
- 3. Handle
- 4. Date
- 5. URL
The video also shows how tweets from multiple pages (by automatically scrolling the page down) and URLs can be scraped.
Steps to follow
- 1. Download and install WebHarvy in your computer
- 2. Load the Twitter/X page from which you need to scrape data, within WebHarvy's configuration browser
- 3. Start Configuration
- 4. You can now click and select the data which you need. Details like tweet content, author name, handle, date etc. can be selected in this way.
- 5. Clicking on any data item on the page will display a Capture window with various options. Select the 'Capture Text' option to scrape the text of the clicked item
- 6. Use the 'Capture Target URL' option to scrape the URL of the item
- 7. Since Twitter/X loads more tweets on the page as the user scrolled down, infinite scroll pagination should be selected.
- 8. Stop Configuration
- 9. You can now optionally save the configuration
- 10. Start Mine
Download and Try
Contact our tech support in case you need assistance in configuring WebHarvy to scrape data.