Why should you use WebHarvy for scraping Google Maps data?
WebHarvy is a very easy to use, visual web scraping software which can scrape data from any website. You can use WebHarvy to scrape B2B leads from Google Maps as well as from other local business listing websites like Yellow Pages, Yelp, Manta etc.
WebHarvy allows you to select the data which you need to scrape via a simple, graphical and intuitive user interface. The scraped data can be saved in a variety of file formats or to a database.
How to scrape business contact details from Google Maps using WebHarvy?
Update: Aug 5, 2022 - Infinite Scroll Results
The video shown below explains the steps which you need to follow to scrape data from the latest update of Google Maps. In this update, Google Maps display results in a list which loads more data as you scroll down (infinite scroll). There are no pagination links (individual links to page 2, 3, 4, etc.)
Older Method - List with pagination links
If Google Maps display pagination links at the end of the left-hand side list, then the method given below can be followed to scrape data from multiple pages.
The following demonstration video shows how you can use WebHarvy to scrape business name, address, phone number and website from Google Maps Business listings.
Steps to follow
- 1. Download and install WebHarvy in your computer
- 2. Load the Google Maps business listings page within WebHarvy's browser
- 3. Open WebHarvy Settings and click on Advanced Miner Options button
- 4. Change the miner options as shown in the following image and Apply changes
- 5. Start Configuration
- 6. Google Maps website completely loads all listings on a page only when we scroll down the results. To simulate this action, click anywhere on the page and select More Options > Run Script from the resulting Capture window.
- 8. To configure pagination, click on the next arrow (which loads the next page) and set it as the next page link
- 9. Click on the first listing, apply Capture More Content and click the Capture Text button. Select the whole listing text as the first data column.
- 10. Click again on the same location, but this time, select the Follow this link option, to load the listing details page
- 11. To scrape phone number and website address of the business, click the area displaying the same, apply Capture More Content so that the entire section's text is selected and apply regular expressions given here
- 12. Stop Configuration
- 13. Save Configuration
- 14. Start Mine
Scraping Google Maps Reviews
Try WebHarvy for Free
If you are interested in using WebHarvy to scrape data from Google Maps and other similar websites, we highly recommend that you download and try using the free evaluation version of WebHarvy available in our website. To get started, please follow the link given below.
Need Support or Have Questions ?
In you have any questions please contact us at support team (email@example.com) with the details (URL of the webpage + details of the data to be scraped). We are happy to help you get started with your first data extracting project using WebHarvy.